|Family Travel Files Ezine Family Vacations Resource
|Woodloch Resort Offers Families Super Cool Winter Vacations.
Boomer Bear sets the stage for family getaways to the Poconos during the snowy months offering outdoor adventures, multi-generational activities, an assortment of games and competitions plus Broadway style entertainment.
Here’s the scoop.
For more than five decades Woodloch has been delivering terrific family vacation experiences. Named best in the US by Trip Advisor as well as Grandparents.com, Woodloch Lake Resort
is one of the ten best all-inclusive resorts in the US and Family Circle Magazine names them one of the best in the world.
Nestled in the snowy Pocono Mountains Lake Region of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Woodloch provides endless ways to enjoy creature comforts while experiencing Mother Nature’s best efforts. From world-class fishing, and bald eagles watching on the nearby Delaware or Lackawaxen rivers to horse drawn wagon rides, winter Olympic style games, ice skating and snow tubing onsite, the cold weather months are actually “pretty cool” for families.
I have scribbled seven reasons to make plans before the snow falls. Woodloch in Pennsylvania’s Poconos is one of the best all-inclusive family vacation resorts for a winter getaway because they offer endless activities and entertainment for all kids from two to 92.
1. Imagine a cruise on land. During the cool weather months guests may enjoy the indoor pool as well as a “kiddie” pool and water slide. The social activities staff is dedicated to entertaining guests and not in a boring predictable manner. Their goal is to exceed your expectations and they focus their energy on doing just that.
2. Watch a comical black bear adds to the fun. The resort’s mascot is a black bear named Boomer. He has his own way of attracting attention and entertaining guests throughout the resort. Sometime he’s skimming the snow on a snowmobile and other times making a snowman with kids. His antics cause laughter and make interesting dinner conversation.
3. Stay inside and have fun.
Boomer Club activities fill each day with entertainment, add to that family-friendly game shows, game room fun, scavenger hunts, cupcake wars, trivia games, seasonal arts & crafts, and racquetball.
4. Make outside arrangements. From ice fishing, ice skating, and snow shoeing to snow tubing, snowmobiling, winter hay rides, the snowy option are many. For families with a competitive nature, the social activities staff sponsors a winter Olympics games, rifle range practice, and trap shooting. Wait for it! The resort complex offers guests with energy to burn an awesome Poconos snowshoeing experience.
5. Share the Festival of Lights. At the conclusion of the annual Thanksgiving celebrations Woodloch magically transforms literally overnight to a holiday atmosphere complete with twinkling lights, musical vignettes, tasty foods, and themed activities. Bonus Points: The nearby Lodge at Woodloch offers guests who need to de stress spa time and an effortless way to energize mind, body and spirit.
6. Look on the green side. It’s not surprising based on the beauty of the resort’s natural surroundings that Woodloch has an earth-friendly, green side. For guest’s benefits they have partnered with a variety of local naturalists and herbalists to offer exclusive classes, tours, outdoor excursions and nature walks. During cold weather months they offer adventure/nature packages that include: hiking/rappelling trips, rafting, American Bald Eagle watching, and snowshoeing. Wait for it! As the weather warms “green” options include: medicinal herbs presentation, wild edibles presentation and nature walk, survivalist skills presentation, wildflower nature walks, fly fishing, and butterfly education and release program.
7. Enjoy night time entertainment. Heritage Nightclub at Woodloch Pines offers Broadway-style themed shows on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. Other nights feature swing bands, comedians, magicians and various other talented performers. Woodloch also provides nightly family fun activities to include all ages.Woodloch offers an array of sleeping choices from standard rooms and two-bedroom suites to five-bedroom guest homes located in the golfing community approximately two miles from the resort property. Resort mealtime options include traditional family-style dining with tempting homemade bakery items and desserts. Wait for it! The most popular dessert is Woodloch Mud Pie. No vacation would be complete without it.
Here’s the deal. Children age six or younger stay free during selected days throughout the year. Family vacation packages include themed Broadway style shows, indoor splash park, bumper cars, indoor pool, organized activities, and nightly entertainment.
Location on the planet. Woodloch Lake Resort is an easy drive from New York, Philadelphia, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, or Ohio. Woodloch Lake Resort 731 Lake Rd. Lackawaxen, PA 18435.
If you are already thinking of spring break or next summer checkout Woodloch Lake Resort summer family vacation ideas
Make it happen.
Toll-free 1-800-WOODLOCH (966-3562), (570) 685-8000 or www.Woodloch.com
Content researched and posted by Nancy Nelson-Duac, Curator of the Good Stuff for the Family Travel Files. Images provided by Woodloch Lake Resort. Copyright updated 2016.