|Family Travel Files Ezine Family Vacations Resource
|US: Best-Rated Fall Festivals & Corn Mazes for Family Fun - Daytrips and Quick Family Getaways for 2012.
Because hectic schedules sustain the daily rhythm of most households mini breaks make a world of difference and we know that pint-sized fun is better than no fun at all.
Whether it’s a daytrip or a weekend escape, enjoying time together and making family memories matters. Fun, quick, and easy is the magic phrase for families. A special thanks to those who took time to “Tell Mom” about the best corn maze or fall festival because we have inlcuded those suggestions on the list for this year.
Here’s the scoop. The lists for 2012 reveal a plethora of chances to have fun with your kids across the US plus great suggestions spanning three regions within Canada. See what it takes to be the best.
Spanning eight distinct USA geographic regions - Northeast, Mid Atlantic, Southeast, Midwest, Great Lakes, Southwest, Mountains West, and Pacific Northwest, plus special additions from California, Ohio, and Texas - the collection of festivals and events runs the gamut from whale watching along the Atlantic Coast and attending Shakespeare under the stars and corn texting to ziplining, Ren Faires and most American of all corn mazes and harvest festivals.
Best Corn Mazes and Harvest Festivals - Highlights of the 2012 Season
- The Catskills Region of New York offers frightfully fun fall activities while Cape Cod cranberry growers’invite families to enjoy cranberry harvest tours, wagon and pony rides, and games.
– Ride the Ghost Train in Virginia Beach and listen to music along the boardwalk. Visit Linvilla Farms not far from Valley Forge and pick your own pumpkins. Enjoy a hay ride under the moonlight or a cup of cider by a campfire.
- Ride Tweetsie Railroad’s Ghost Train in North Carolina or build a scarecrow at Brookgreen Gardens in Myrtle Beach. Enjoy the energy of Dollywood’s Harvest Celebration & Southern Gospel Jubilee in Tennessee.
– At Tweite's Pumpkin Patch in Minnesota enjoy wander a six-acre corn maze. Attend the Holly Michigan Renaissance Festival and be part of the US/Canadian Highland Games.
- From the Apple Fest in Lebanon to the corn maze at Niederman Family Farm we have a list of terrific possibilities for a quick easy fall family getaway.
– Play Moonlight Barnyard Golf at Beggs Farm in Missouri. At Living History Farms in Iowa play old-fashioned carnival games and sample fresh apple fritters.
– At Apple Annie’s Fall Pumpkin Celebration in Arizona navigate the corn maze and enjoy old-fashioned family fun. The annual Harvest Festival in Santa Fe includes grape stomping, dancing, and grinding sorghum with burros.
- From N
orth Texas to the Valley we have a list of terrific possibilities for a quick, easy daytrips and family getaways.
– The corn maze at Denver Botanic Gardens has a 15-foot tall illuminated bridge and plenty of "A-maize-ing Scarecrows". Lattin Farms in Nevada look for pumpkin tower lighting and moonlight maze adventures.
Northern California -
From the largest corn maze in the world to ziplining, cow tipping, and corn texting, we have discovered plenty of things to do with kids. Southern California
- Create your own family day adventure hunting pumpkins or panning for gold. Run through a corn maze or jump in a hay stack - no prior training needed.
- French Prairie Gardens in Oregon has two 20-foot hay slides in addition to an awesome corn maze. In Washington look for storytelling, u-pick apples and oodles of pumpkins.
We want to expand the list and need your help. If you have a favorite fall festival or know of an awesome corn maze please "Tell Mom
" and we will add it to the list. Make sure to include the name of the festival or event and its location on the planet as well as why you like it or what makes it worth the trip. Our next round up will include family-friendly winter celebrations and enchanting Santa Trains. We are building the list right now and would love to have your feedback. So just "Tell Mom!
Become a fan of Family Travel Files on Facebook
and keep up with the latest family vacation news or follow Family Travel Files Blog
and give us feedback as news is posted.
Canada: Best Festivals & Corn Mazes for 2012 – Daytrips and Quick Family Getaways.
In Canada activities run the gamut from corn mazes and gemstone mining to pig races, barrel train rides and night adventures in Alberta. Nova Scotia offers luscious oatcakes and the chance to pick apples. In Manitoba families have the chance to make their own scarecrows or try their luck with a pumpkin catapult.
Images provided Longwood Gardens, PA Sometimes things change, so please confirm details before making plans. Copyright 2012.